This Column Tilt Adapter expands the capability of your XC-M 522 aluminum or XC-M 522C carbon fiber tripod by giving its center column the freedom to tilt 180° (90° up & 90° down). This adapter essentially converts your XC-M's center column into a multi-position, adjustable boom.
- Tilts 90° up or down
- Rotates 360°
- Weight hook included
- Adapter has a number of teeth machined within its joint to give it an excellent amount of holding power in various tilt positions (be sure to tighten its main knob before you release your camera to prevent it from falling).
- Can be installed and used permanently on your XC-M Tripod, if you so choose, because it can achieve the same vertical position as the normal center column when needed.
Install in less than 30 seconds:
- Dimensions: 5 3/8" / 137 mm long. 22mm tube diameter.
- Weight: 4 3/8 oz / 124 g
- *Dimensions and weight are for the adapter sans the weight hook
Tips for using as Boom
- Unscrew the weight hook from the center column, loosen the center column twist lock and slide it out of the tripod.
- Replace it with the Column Tilt Adapter, tighten the twist lock, and open the flip lock on the Column Tilt Adapter.
- Insert the center column and close the flip lock.
- Reinstall the weight hook to the bottom of the adapter and add weight for more stability. A second, retractable weight hook is included with this adapter which you can use at the end of the boom (end of the center column) to counterweight your camera.
- To operate the boom, loosen the main knob on the Adapter while holding your camera.
- Tilt the assembly into whatever position you like before tightening the knob.
- To rotate the boom, loosen the twist lock on the yoke of the tripod and spin the adapter.
- To extend or retract the boom use the twist lock on the column to adjust its upper stage.